All Publications and Manuscripts (chronological)
- Bernoulli Factories and Black-Box Reductions in Mechanism Design
Shaddin Dughmi, Jason Hartline, Robert Kleinberg, and Rad Niazadeh. STOC 2017, to appear.
- Algorithmic Persuasion with no Externalities
Shaddin Dughmi and Haifeng Xu. EC 2017, to appear.
- Of the People: Voting is More Effective with Representative Candidates
Yu Cheng, Shaddin Dughmi, and David Kempe. EC 2017, to appear.
- Algorithmic Information Structure Design: A Survey
Shaddin Dughmi. SIGecom Exchanges, 2017.
- Persuasion with Limited Communication
Shaddin Dughmi, David Kempe, and Ruixin Qiang. EC 2016.
- Lottery Pricing Equilibria
Shaddin Dughmi, Alon Eden, Michal Feldman, Amos Fiat, and Stefano Leonardi. EC 2016.
- Algorithmic Bayesian Persuasion
Shaddin Dughmi and Haifeng Xu. STOC 2016.
- Signaling in Bayesian Stackelberg Games
Haifeng Xu, Rupert Freeman, Vincent Conitzer, Shaddin Dughmi, and Milind Tambe. AAMAS 2016.
- Optimal Mechanisms for Combinatorial Auctions and Combinatorial Public Projects via Convex Rounding
Shaddin Dughmi, Tim Roughgarden, and Qiqi Yan. Journal of the ACM (JACM), 2016.
Merges STOC 11 and EC 11 papers.
- Mixture Selection, Mechanism Design, and Signaling
Yu Cheng, Ho Yee Cheung, Shaddin Dughmi, Ehsan Emamjomeh-Zadeh, Li Han, and Shang-Hua Teng. FOCS 2015.
- Algorithmic Signaling of Features in Auction Design
Shaddin Dughmi, Nicole Immorlica, Ryan O'Donnell, and Li-Yang Tan. SAGT 2015.
- Security Games with Information Leakage: Modeling and Computation
Haifeng Xu, Albert Xin Jiang, Arunesh Sinha, Zinovi Rabinovich, Shaddin Dughmi, and Milind Tambe. IJCAI 2015.
- Exploring Information Asymmetry in Two-Stage Security Games
Haifeng Xu, Zinovi Rabinovich, Shaddin Dughmi, and Milind Tambe. AAAI 2015.
- Signaling in Quasipolynomial time
Yu Cheng, Ho Yee Cheung, Shaddin Dughmi, and Shang-Hua Teng. Manuscript, 2014.
- Sampling and Representation Complexity of Revenue Maximization
Shaddin Dughmi, Li Han, and Noam Nisan. WINE 2014.
- On the Hardness of Signaling
Shaddin Dughmi. FOCS 2014.
version | talk video
- Solving Zero-Sum Security Games in Discretized Spatio-Temporal Domains
Haifeng Xu, Fei Fang, Albert Xin Jiang, Vincent Conitzer, Shaddin Dughmi, and Milind Tambe. AAAI 2014.
- Constrained Signaling in Auction Design
Shaddin Dughmi, Nicole Immorlica, and Aaron Roth. SODA 2014.
- On the Approximation of Submodular Functions
Nikhil R. Devanur, Shaddin Dughmi, Roy Schwartz, Ankit Sharma, and Mohit Singh. Manuscript, 2013.
- Combinatorial Auctions with Restricted Complements
Ittai Abraham, Moshe Babaioff, Shaddin Dughmi, and Tim Roughgarden. EC 2012.
- Dynamic Pricing with Limited Supply
Moshe Babaioff, Shaddin Dughmi, Robert Kleinberg, and Aleksandrs Slivkins. EC 2012 and TEAC 2015 .
- Dynamic Covering for Recommendation Systems
Ioannis Antonellis, Anish Das Sarma, and Shaddin Dughmi. CIKM 2012.
- Mechanisms for Risk Averse Agents, Without Loss
Shaddin Dughmi and Yuval Peres. Presented at the workshop on risk aversion in algorithmic game theory and mechanism design, held in conjunction with EC 2012.
- Randomization and Computation in Strategic Settings
Shaddin Dughmi. PhD Thesis, Stanford University, August 2011.
Winner of the Arthur L. Samuel Thesis Award, given in recognition of the best PhD thesis in the computer science department at Stanford University.
- Limitations of Randomized Mechanisms for Combinatorial Auctions
Shaddin Dughmi and Jan Vondrak. FOCS 2011 and GEB 2014.
- A Truthful Randomized Mechanism for Combinatorial Public Projects via Convex Optimization
Shaddin Dughmi. EC 2011, co-winner of the Best Student Paper Award.
Merged with STOC 11 paper into a JACM article.
- From Convex Optimization to Randomized Mechanisms: Toward Optimal Combinatorial Auctions
Shaddin Dughmi, Tim Roughgarden, and Qiqi Yan. STOC 2011.
Merged with EC 11 paper into a JACM article.
- Posting Prices with Unknown Distributions
Moshe Babaioff, Liad Blumrosen, Shaddin Dughmi, and Yaron Singer. ICS 2011.
- Black-Box Randomized Reductions in Algorithmic Mechanism Design
Shaddin Dughmi and Tim Roughgarden. FOCS 2010 and SICOMP special issue for FOCS 2010. .
proceedings version |
- Truthful Assignment without Money
Shaddin Dughmi and Arpita Ghosh. EC 2010.
- Inapproximability for
VCG-Based Combinatorial Auctions
Dave Buchfuhrer, Shaddin Dughmi, Hu Fu, Robert Kleinberg, Elchanan Mossel,
Christos Papadimitriou, Michael Schapira, Yaron Singer, and Chris
Umans. SODA 2010.
- Amplified Hardness of
Approximation for VCG-Based Mechanisms
Shaddin Dughmi, Hu
Fu, and Robert Kleinberg. Merged with two closely related, independent
Inapproximability for VCG-Based Combinatorial Auctions above.
Functions: Extensions, Distributions, and Algorithms. A Survey.
Shaddin Dughmi. PhD Qualifying Exam Report, Department of
Computer Science, Stanford University.
- On the Power of Randomization in Algorithmic Mechanism Design
Shahar Dobzinski and Shaddin Dughmi. FOCS 2009 and SICOMP special issue for FOCS 2009.
proceedings version |
- Revenue Submodularity
Shaddin Dughmi, Tim Roughgarden, and Mukund Sundararajan. EC 2009 and Theory of Computing 2012.
proceedings version | journal version
- Truthful Approximation Schemes for Single-Parameter Agents
Peerapong Dhangwatnotai, Shahar Dobzinski, Shaddin Dughmi, and Tim
Roughgarden. FOCS 2008 and SICOMP Special issue for FOCS 2008.
proceedings version |
- Completeness of the
Shaddin Dughmi, Joshua D. Guttman, and F. Javier Thayer. ESORICS 2007.
- Searching for Shapes in
Shaddin Dughmi, Joshua D. Guttman, and F. Javier Thayer. TACAS 2007.
- Skeletons and the Shapes of
Shaddin Dughmi, Joshua D. Guttman, and F. Javier Thayer. WITS 2007.
- Skeletons, Homomorphisms
and Shapes: Characterizing Protocol Executions
Shaddin Dughmi, Joshua D. Guttman, and F. Javier Thayer. MFPS 2007.