+1 (213) 740-6578
Salvatori Computer Science Center
941 Bloom Walk,
I completed my PhD in Computer Science, Systems and
Telecommunications at the University of Florence, Italy (2015).
Since August 2016, I am a postdoc at USC in the
Quantitative Evaluation and Design Group.
My research focuses on:
- stochastic models for performance and reliability evaluation;
- solution techniques for non-Markovian processes;
- concurrent and distributed systems.
I am a main developer of the ORIS Tool. I
implemented (in Java):
- state space analysis of time Petri nets using DBM zones;
- transient analysis of stochastic time Petri nets (STPNs) with
generally-distributed timers (and underlying GSMP process);
- regenerative transient analysis of STPNs (symbolic
integration over DBM zones and numerical solution of
- probabilistic model checking of an interval until operator for
Markov regenerative processes.
I served as reviewer, PC member and chair of conferences in
the area of performance, reliability, and quantitative
- QEST (International Conference on Quantitative Analysis of Systems):
publicity and publications chair (2014), external reviewer (2014, 2015, 2016).
- EPEW (European Workshop on Performance Engineering):
PC member (2015), program co-chair (2016).
- VALUETOOLS (International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools):
publicity chair (2015), external reviewer (2013, 2014, 2015).
- ISSRE (IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering):
PC member (2015).
- SIGMETRICS / IFIP Performance: external reviewer (2016).
- MASCOTS (Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems): external reviewer (2016).
- FORMATS (International conference on Formal Modeling and Analysis of Timed Systems):
external reviewer (2013, 2015, 2016).
- VECoS (International Workshop on Verification and Evaluation of Computer and Communication Systems):
PC member (2013).
- ICTAC (International Colloquium on Theoretical Aspects of Computing):
external reviewer (2014).
I have been a reviewer for the Journal of Systems and Software (2016), Reliability Engineering & System Safety (2016), Journal of Internet Services and Applications (2016).