1) The ultimate trip to San Carlos (many thanks to Clark Merrit for the shots):
Best shots of the trip
Getting some serious off the lip air!
Stylish cut back on the lip
Yes, there is a kite somewhere up in the air...
Double spray cut back
More off the lip air
This is a long wave...
On the shoulder
Some more air
One more ride
And one more
And yet another one
How many waves can one ride in one day?
Ok last one, enough
2) Sabbatical at Stanford, a.k.a Santa Cruz... (many thanks to John Dumas and Rob Born for the shots):
5 times overhead at times
A standard day
3) While on sabbatical, it is important to return to ones base (Los Angeles) to meet with ones graduate students... (many thanks to Kelley Flynn and Robert Ligon for the shots):
4) The main serious-size spot for Southern Califonria folks: Jalama (many thanks to Paul for the shots):
Jalama on a kite, with no channel whatsoever, this is the way to have fun without risking too much
5) Photos from Punta San Carlos (many thanks to Clark Merritt
for the shots):
Chilli bowl ride with a kiteboard
Good waves, good wind, nice setting, no crowds = heaven
6) At Leo Carrillo, dealing with traffic: