I’m an assistant professor of mathematics at USC.
Office: KAP 400C
CV (October 2018)
Papers and preprints
- Framed transfers and motivic fundamental classes, with E. Elmanto, A. A. Khan, V. Sosnilo, and M. Yakerson (September 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- Affine representability results in A¹-homotopy theory III: finite fields and complements, with A. Asok and M. Wendt (July 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- The localization theorem for framed motivic spaces (November 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- The categorified Grothendieck–Riemann–Roch theorem, with P. Safronov, S. Scherotzke, and N. Sibilla (October 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- Motivic infinite loop spaces, with E. Elmanto, A. A. Khan, V. Sosnilo, and M. Yakerson (June 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- Norms in motivic homotopy theory, with T. Bachmann (November 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- Vanishing theorems for the negative K-theory of stacks, with A. Krishna (to appear in Ann. K-Theory) [pdf, arXiv]
- Generically split octonion algebras and A¹-homotopy theory, with A. Asok and M. Wendt (to appear in Algebra Number Theory) [pdf, arXiv]
- Topoi of parametrized objects (November 2016) [pdf, arXiv]
- Categorifying rationalization, with C. Barwick, S. Glasman, D. Nardin, and J. Shah (October 2016) [pdf, arXiv]
- Cdh descent in equivariant homotopy K-theory (April 2017) [pdf, arXiv]
- Higher traces, noncommutative motives, and the categorified Chern character, with S. Scherotzke and N. Sibilla (Adv. Math. 309, 2017) [pdf, arXiv]
- The six operations in equivariant motivic homotopy theory (Adv. Math. 305, 2017) [pdf, arXiv]
- Affine representability results in A¹-homotopy theory II: principal bundles and homogeneous spaces, with A. Asok and M. Wendt (Geom. Topol. 22, 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- Affine representability results in A¹-homotopy theory I: vector bundles, with A. Asok and M. Wendt (Duke Math. J. 166, no. 10, 2017) [pdf, arXiv]
- Higher Galois theory (J. Pure Appl. Algebra 222, no. 7, 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
Galois theory for ∞-topoi and its connection to the étale homotopy type of Artin–Mazur–Friedlander.
- The homotopy fixed points of the circle action on Hochschild homology (April 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
- A¹-contractibility of Koras–Russell threefolds, with A. Krishna and P. A. Østvær (Algebr. Geom. 3, no. 4, 2016) [pdf, arXiv]
- A quadratic refinement of the Grothendieck–Lefschetz–Verdier trace formula (Algebr. Geom. Topol. 14, no. 6, 2014) [pdf, arXiv]
A Lefschetz fixed-point theorem in stable motivic homotopy theory.
- The motivic Steenrod algebra in positive characteristic, with S. Kelly and P. A. Østvær (J. Eur. Math. Soc. 19, no. 12, 2017) [pdf, arXiv]
- From algebraic cobordism to motivic cohomology (J. reine angew. Math. 702, 2015) [pdf, arXiv]
A proof of the Hopkins–Morel equivalence in motivic homotopy theory.
- The étale symmetric Künneth theorem (October 2018) [pdf, arXiv]
Miscellaneous mathematical writings
- K-theory of dualizable categories (after A. Efimov) [pdf]
- The Steinberg relation [pdf]
- On Quillen’s plus construction [pdf]
- A trivial remark on the Nisnevich topology [pdf]
- Notes on the birational classification of surfaces. [pdf]
- Notes on the first reconstruction theorem in Gromov–Witten theory. [pdf]
- Notes on the Nisnevich topology and Thom spaces in motivic homotopy theory, with a proof of the motivic tubular neighborhood theorem. [pdf]
- Chern character and derived algebraic geometry (Master thesis, EPFL) [pdf, slides, poster]
- Sur la cohomologie des schémas (EPFL, 8th semester) [pdf]
Basic scheme theory from the geometric viewpoint. Definition and properties of sheaf cohomology and of Čech cohomology. Computation of the cohomology of affine schemes and of projective spaces.
- The Syntax of First-Order Logic (EPFL, 6th and 7th semesters) [pdf]
A constructive treatment of various topics in first-order logic: Herbrand’s theorem and the epsilon theorems; Craig’s interpolation lemma; Gödel’s first incompleteness theorem (two proofs); a detailed account of Gödel’s second incompleteness theorem; basic Zermelo–Fraenkel set theory; the consistency of the axiom of choice and of the generalized continuum hypothesis.
- Décompositions paradoxales (EPFL, 5th semester) [pdf]
This is an exploration of the notion of equidecomposability in a set being acted upon by a group. Applications include the generalized Banach–Tarski paradox, the Sierpiński–Mazurkiewicz paradox, and the von Neumann paradox in the plane. The equivalence between the amenability and the nonparadoxality of discrete groups is proved (Tarski’s theorem).
- Sur la constante de Khinchin, with Stéphane Flotron and Ludovic Pirl (EPFL, 4th semester) [pdf]
Khinchin’s theorem states that there exists a real number K, Khinchin’s constant, such that the sequence of partial geometric means of the elements of the continuous fraction of almost any real number converges to K. This text contains an elementary discussion of continuous fractions and two different proofs of this result: Khinchin’s original proof and a more conceptual proof using ergodic theory.