- The NAS guide to mentoring. An excellent resource for what to do and what to expect as mentor and mentee.
- Mentors really do help
- Women as Mentors; myths and commandments
- How mentoring by senior faculty can help junior faculty, especially women
- Should a mentor be a friend?
- AWIS mentoring project which includes Mentornet
- Mentoring and how to diffuse some of the sexual issues.
- Mentoring Handbooks from the University of Michigan. Both of these address issues of diversity, from somewhat different viewpoints (one as mentor, one as mentee). Available as .pdf files.
- Sister Mentors: Female minoritydoctoral candidates living and working in the D.C. area while they write their dissertations benefit from mentoring one another through a long (they’ll say prolonged) process. They then “pay it forward,” so to speak, in their work mentoring the middle and high school girls (many of whom, it’s worth noting, are avid young volunteers themselves). More minority girls go to college, with the hope that more minority women will be there ready to teach them.