- Version: 0.93
- First release: 15MAY2003
- Current release: 29JUN2004
- Description: SLAW is a procedure that derives
representative scaling laws of a process from
sensitivity analysis experimental data. The approach integrates
dimensional analysis into the multivariate linear regression backwards
elimination procedure. In addition to the scaling laws, the program
provides a set of dimensionless groups ranked by relevance.
The algorithm is coded in 6 Matlab .m files, in addition
we provide a java interface for SLAW.
scaling laws, engineering design,
constrained linear regression.
- Complete matlab source distribution, as a
- contains all Matlab scripts, including a sample execution of SLAW
through Matlab in the file SLAWrun.m .
- The java interface distribution, as a
- contains the java executable, all matlab source files, the java source,
and example problem files (also available below).
- User's guide in
- System Requirements: SLAW 0.93 has been
tested in MS Windows and Linux platforms. To run SLAW you must have
the Java interface requires in addition Java 2 Runtime Environment
- Sample Data:Examples
- Copying-policy: SLAW and its Java interface
can be copied and distributed under the terms of GNU
General Public Licence (GPL)
- Citation:"SLAW, a package for
Scaling LAWs from statistical data", P. Mendez and F. Ordóñez,
World Wide Web, http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~fordon/SLAW (2004).