Amy R. Ward
Associate Professor of Operations Management
The Marshall School of Business
University of Southern California
Bridge Hall 401H
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0809
Ph.D., 2001, Stanford University, Department of Management Science and Engineering
M.S., 1997, Stanford University, Department of Management Science and Engineering
B.A., 1996, Claremont McKenna College, Mathematics
1. Harsha Honnappa, Rahul Jain, and Amy R. Ward, The \Delta(i)/GI/1 Queueing Model, and its Fluid and Diffusion Limits, January 2014. [ pdf ]
2. Harsha Honnappa, Rahul Jain, and Amy R. Ward, On Transitory Queueing, January 2014. [ pdf ]
3. Ragavendran Gopalakrishnan, Sherwin Doroudi, Amy R. Ward, and Adam Wierman, Routing and Staffing when Servers are Strategic, January 2014. [ pdf ]
4. Levent Kocaga, Mor Armony, and Amy R. Ward, Staffing Call Centers with Uncertain Arrival Rates and Co-sourcing, Updated April 2014. [ pdf ]
5. Chihoon Lee and Amy R. Ward, (Note) Optimal Pricing and Capcity Sizing for the GI/GI/1 Queue, June 2014 [ pdf ]
6. Chihoon Lee and Amy R. Ward, Optimal Pricing and Capacity Sizing when Customers Abandon, Updated June 2014. [ pdf ]
1. Itai Gurvich and Amy R. Ward (2014), On the Dynamic Control of Matching Queues, To appear in Stochastic Systems. [ pdf ]
3. Samim Ghamami and Amy R. Ward (2012), Dynamic Scheduling of an N-System with Reneging, To appear in Mathematics of Operations Research. [ pdf ]
4. Mor Armony and Amy R.Ward (2013), Blind Fair Routing in Large-Scale Service Systems with Heterogeneous Customers and Servers, Operations Research 61(1), 228-243. [ pdf ]
5. Jeunghyun Kim and Amy R. Ward (2012), Dynamic Scheduling of a GI/GI/1+GI Queue with Multiple Customer Classes, To appear in Queueing Systems. [ pdf ]
6. Josh Reed, Amy R. Ward, and Dongyuan Zhan (2012), On the Generalized Skorokhod Problem in One Dimension, Journal of Applied Probability 50(1), 16-28. [ pdf ]
7. Amy R. Ward (2011) Asymptotic Analysis of Queueing Systems with Reneging: A Survey of Results for FIFO, Single Class Models, Surveys in Operations Research and Management Science 16(1), 1-14.
· Associated tutorial talk given at INFORMS 2011 [ pdf ]
8. Yasar Levent Kocaga and Amy R. Ward (2010) Admission Control for a Multi-Server Queue with Abandonment, Queueing Systems, 65(3), 275-323. [ pdf ]
9. Mor Armony and Amy R. Ward (2010), Fair Dynamic Routing in Large-Scale Heterogeneous-Server Systems, Operations Research 58(3), 624-637. [ pdf ]
10.Vasiliki Kostami and Amy R. Ward (2009), Managing Service Systems with an Offline Waiting Option and Customer Abandonment, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 11(4), 644-656. [ pdf ]
11. Erica L. Plambeck and Amy R. Ward (2008), Optimal Control of a High Volume Assemble-to-Order System with Leadtime Quotation and Expediting, Queueing Systems 60(1/2), 1-69. [ pdf ]
12.Josh Reed and Amy R. Ward (2008), Approximating the GI/GI/1+GI Queue with a Nonlinear Drift Diffusion: Hazard Rate Scaling in Heavy Traffic, Mathematics of Operations Research 33(3), 606-644. [ pdf ]
13.Amy R. Ward and Sunil Kumar (2008), Asymptotically Optimal Admission Control of a Queue with Impatient Customers, Mathematics of Operations Research 33(1), 167-202. [ pdf ]
14.Erica L. Plambeck and Amy R. Ward (2007), Note: A Separation Principle for a Class of Assemble-to-Order Systems with Expediting, Operations Research 55(3), 603-609. [ pdf ]
15.Erica L. Plambeck and Amy R. Ward (2006), Optimal Control of a High Volume Assemble-to-Order System, Mathematics of Operations Research 31(3), 453-477. [ pdf ]
16.Amy R. Ward and Peter W. Glynn (2005), A Diffusion Approximation for a GI/GI/1 Queue with Balking of Reneging, Queueing Systems 50(4), 371-400. [ pdf ]
17.Amy R. Ward and Peter W. Glynn (2003), Properties of the Reflected Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Process, Queueing Systems 44(2), 109-123. [ pdf ]
18.Amy R. Ward and Peter W. Glynn (2003), A Diffusion Approximation for a Markovian Queue with Reneging, Queueing Systems 43(1/2), 103-128. [ pdf ]
19.Amy R. Ward and Nicholas Bambos (2003), On Stability of Queueing Networks with Job Deadlines, Journal of Applied Probability 40(2), 293-304. [ pdf ]
20. Yih-Choung Teh and Amy R. Ward (2002), Critical Thresholds for Dynamic Routing in Queueing Networks, Queueing Systems 42(3), 297-316. [ pdf ]
21.Amy R. Ward, Peter W. Glynn, and Kathy Richardson, Internet Service Performance Failure Detection, Performance Evaluation Review 26(3), 38-43.
1. Amy R. Ward and Ward Whitt (2002), Predicting Response Times in Processor-Sharing Queues, In D. MacDonald and S.R.E. Turner, editors, Analysis of Communication Networks: Call Centres, Traffic, and Performance, Fields Institute Communication Series, 28, American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1-29.
1. Josh Reed and Amy R. Ward (2004), A Diffusion Approximation for a Generalized Jackson Network with Reneging, In Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Sept. 29-Oct. 1.
2. Amy R. Ward, Peter W. Glynn, and Kathy Richardson (1998), Internet Service Performance Failure Detection, In Proceedings of the 1998 Internet Server Performance Workshop, Madison, WI, 103-109.
3. Stephen G. Eick and Amy R. Ward (1996), An Interactive Visualization for Message Sequence Charts, In Proceedings for the Fourth Workshop on Program Comprehension, IEEE Computer Society Press, 2-8.